The PST (B) soft starter is the most advanced softstarter in the range with almost all imaginable functionality included. All the advanced protections for the motor, the softstarter and the load ensure a trouble free operation. Pre-warnings even allow problems to be detected before the motor needs to be stopped and thereby avoiding unnecessary downtime. The torque control function has been developed and tested together with well known pump manufacturers to ensure the absolutely best possible stop of pumps without water hammering and pressure surges.
With the full text LCD display in your own language, pre-programmed application settings and event logging, it couldn’t be easier to set-up and operate. By using the ABB FieldBusPlug, you can decide at any time which bus protocol to use. The fieldbus system will allow you to set-up, control and monitor the softstarter.
- Wide rated operational voltage 208-690 V AC
- Wide rated control supply voltage 100-250 V, 50/60 Hz
- Rated operational current 30 to 1050 A (Up to 1810 A inside delta)
- Wide ambient temperature range, -25 to +50 ºC (-13 to 122 ºF)
- Both in line and inside delta connection
- Full text display in 14 languages and 4 button keypad for easy set-up and operation
- Built-in by-pass contactor on PSTB (from 370 A) for energy saving and easy installation
- Prepared for external by-pass on PST (30-300 A)
- Dual motor overload protection with classes 10A, 10, 20 and 30
- PTC protection to protect the motor from overheating
- Programmable output signal relays & pre-warning functions
- Event log with time stamp
- Analog output showing current, voltage, power factor etc. 0-10 V, 0-20 mA, 4-20 mA